|» 2016-2017 Planner (pdf)|
|» Career Cruising|
|» Guidance & Counseling|
|» Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying Forms & Information|
|» Health Forms|
|» Honors Information|
|» Lunch Menu|
|» Middle School Solar Project|
|» School Choice|
Pennsville Middle School Guidance and Counseling Office
Middle School Counselors are available for every student in the middle school. Students are “assigned” to counselors by last name.
Brittany O'Shea - ext 7405 --assists students with last names beginning with letters A-K
email@example.com Come visit my webpage- CLICK HERE
Christine Niblock - ext 7406 --assists students with last names L to Z.
firstname.lastname@example.org Come visit my webpage- CLICK HERE
Incoming Student Information
- 3 proofs of residency (at least one proof must be mortgage, tax bill, lease, sales agreement or C.O.)
- Original birth certificate
- Transfer card-which is issued from the school you are leaving
- Health records ( the newly, state-mandated Hepatitis B series of shots and the chicken pox injection)
- Current report card- if available
- Current state test or standardized test results- if available
- IEP (individual education plan, if applicable)
Middle School Counselors help children by.. .
- Promoting positive attitudes among students toward self, family, peers and community.
- Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- Administering state assessments and helping students, parents and teachers members to interpret their results.
- Working collaboratively with students, parents and teachers to identify and remove barriers to learning.
- Supporting students by teaching skills for achieving success.
- Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- Counseling with students individually and in groups
- Providing support during personal crisis.
- Orienting new students.
Additional services offered by the counselors include:
- Helping create a safe school environment where children can learn.
- Working with students on attendance issues.
- Coordinating referrals to outside agencies.
- Helping design interventions to enhance student success.
- Developing community partnerships to enhance student career awareness.
- Helping teachers create a positive learning environment.
- Helping students learn anger management, conflict resolution, and mediation skills.
- Helping parents, teachers, administrators in learning how to meet the needs of all students.